- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 3 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tblsp Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tblsp Butter – melted
There are few things better in this world than a stack of fluffy yet moderately dense homemade pancakes – the only things that immediately come to mind are morning coffee, sex, and conquering your enemies. I’m a pancake purest who firmly believes that things like chocolate chips and blueberries are better left to crepes, but if that gets you hard – go crazy. The recipe below is perfect the way it is but if you feel the need to give it a facelift, by all means put it under the knife – recipes are meant to be meddled with. Unless you’re baking or making candy – that’s practically long division.
Please do yourself the favor of taking the 10 minutes necessary to make this mix instead of using store bought mixes. I used my Kitchenaid standing mixer, but even the puniest of home cooks could whip up this mix by hand in 10 minutes. You’ll thank yourself later by taking a nice long nap after eating too many of these pancakes.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add milk, egg, and melted butter to mixture making sure your butter isn’t so hot that it cooks the egg.
- And in the wise words of Rick Ross – “whip it real hard, whip it, whip it, real hard” – or until there’s no more clumps in your batter…
- Make pancakes, eat pancakes, eat more pancakes, make yourself feel bad for eating so many pancakes.
- Take nap.